- Only submissions from authors based in Virginia will be accepted.
- We do not accept previously published work including pieces that have appeared online in blogs or forums. Whurk requires first North American serial publication rights and electronic media publication rights. These rights revert back to the author upon publication.
- Simultaneous submissions of the same piece to multiple publications is acceptable, please make note of this if it applies to you.
- You may submit up to five poems per submission. Please format all pieces in a single file, multiple files will not be accepted.
- Limit your pieces to at most two pages each (Please refrain from submitting any epic tomes, enchanting as they may be).
- Submissions should not contain unauthorized copyrighted material. They should consist only of original material that you have permission to have published.
- Submissions may be modified for clarity or suitability.
Due to the number of submissions that we receive, it is not possible for
us to publish all of them or to respond to each one individually.
Please do not send duplicate submissions or follow-up inquiries,
doing so will not improve your standing.
If your submission is chosen for publication, you will be notified by email.