- Only submissions from authors based in Virginia will be accepted.
- We do not accept previously published work including pieces that have appeared online in blogs or forums. Whurk requires first North American serial publication rights and electronic media publication rights.
- Simultaneous submissions of the same piece to multiple publications is allowed, but please make note of this if you do so. Should your submission be accepted for publication elsewhere, you are expected to withdraw your submission in a timely manner.
- Limit your pieces to 500 words at most. Do not submit multiple pieces in the same submission.
- If we accept your piece for publication, you will be paid $25 for your contribution.
- Submissions should not contain unauthorized copyrighted material. They should consist only of original material that you have permission to have published.
- Submissions may be modified for clarity or suitability.
Due to the number of submissions that we receive, it is not possible for us to publish all of them or to respond to each one individually. Please do not send duplicate submissions or follow-up inquiries, doing so will not improve your standing. If your submission is chosen for publication, you will be notified by email.